Friday, December 16, 2011

New artwork

I've painted some new things over the past couple of weeks. Some may notice an evolvement in my later work. I'm becoming more loose and confident after taking a workshop by Alvaro Castagnet who hails from Uruguay. My wife and I spent a week in Vancouver, BC in mid-Oct. along with about 25 others we explored Alvaro's unique style and tried to merge it into our own. Additionally I participated in several workshops here in Raleigh, mid-November with the likes of Sterling Edwards. His style is different from Alvaro's but I like them both.




One thing that stands out from the Alvaro workshop is the fact that all the paintings were were done with a palette of only five colors, mixed in different ways of course. Basically, thats all one needs. So here following is the latest and greatest.

The first was done onsite near my house in Raleigh at North Hills Shopping Center. The second is looking at Parliament from Trafalger Square in London from a phot I took in May this year. Third is the Ponte Vecchio Bridge in Florence, Italy and fourth is a street scene from my trip to Rome, also in May. Hope everyone enjoys these.

No comments:

Post a Comment